In January 1897, URI (then Rhode Island College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts) was in need of a drill hall-gymnasium. Funds were obtained for the building that became Lippitt Hall. The third floor housed the drill hall-gymnasium, which was one of the largest in any learning institution. Today, the building houses the URI Honors Program Office, which offers special opportunities to academically talented students.
Date of Creation
Date of scanning