Workmen had to use horse drawn carts and wagons to clear the rubble of College Hall before construction could begin on Davis Hall. In the background to the left stands the Watson farmhouse, which was converted to a girl’s dormitory that same year (1895). To the right is Taft Hall, and the center area where the wooden out-buildings appear is now the site of the University Library.
Date of Creation
Date of scanning