On Sunday, January 27, 1895, College Hall caught on fire. Fanned by 40 miles an hour winds, the flames consumed the building in forty-five minutes. All that remained after the fire was the front façade and parts of the side walls of the Hall. In this photograph the right side wall of the building is propped up by wooden planks. College Hall was rebuilt and renamed Davis Hall in honor of Governor John W. Davis.
Date of Creation